[amibroker] Windows XP bug: scroll bar locking/disappearing on some occasions

Hello,

Two users have reported recently the problem with scrollbar
disappearing sometimes in AmiBroker running Windows XP.

I have reproduced the problem on XP but was not able to reproduce on
any other Windows version, so I started to suspect (yet another) Windows XP bug.

I found the reference to this bug on the microsoft newsgroups:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&frame=right&th=16046bdc7ddd5889&seekm=uOcoSoBKCHA.1928%40tkmsftngp13#lin
k1

(watch for wrap in this URL)

Current workaround for AB is
either use mouse wheel (it works even if scrollbar "disappears")
or just open new window (Window->New) and close old.

The problem is that  the post quoted above says

"We have verified that this problem is fixed in next version of Windows
codenamed Longhorn; however because the business impact to customers is
really small there is no plan to backport the fix to Windows XP / .NET
Server."

Now we are speaking about the support.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko