RE: [amibroker] Re: indicator on indicator

You
could plot as a custom indicator.....
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>x=roc(c,10);
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>y=ma(x,20);
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>plot(x,"ROC",colorred,1);
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>plot(y,"MA",coloryellow,1);
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>
this
works fine as long as the 2 indicators are within the same scale. to plot a 2nd
indicator that is not in scale you would add
Stylownscale.....
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>

<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>x=roc(c,10);
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>y=c;
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>plot(y,"Close",coloryellow,stylecandle|styleownscale);
<SPAN
class=962033815-07032003><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2><SPAN
class=962033815-07032003>plot(x,"ROC",colorred,1);

 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: the_chairmann
[mailto:jhart_1972@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 10:31
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
indicator on indicatorKen,  Thanks for posting
this, it was a big help.  I'm slowly getting the hang of this AFL
thing.  Is there a way to overlay this indicator?  I'm trying to
plot a MA of the ROC indicator and I want to overlay the MA onto the ROC
window.  When I applied your formula it plotted the MA on a separate
window.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close"
<closeks@xxxx> wrote:> Hi Ron:  welcome to Amibroker..this is
one of the best pieces of> software on the planet and this group matches
that as being one of the> most helpful.  I will try and speak to
your questions.> >  > > Worden Bros three
indicators listed in your message, BOP, TSV, and MS> are proprietary
to Worden Bros. They do not disclose the formulas and> thus you can
not plot them in Amibroker. There is an approximation of> TSV
floating around but I have never seen an equivalent approximation to>
the other two.  Thus, you will have to find your own indicators that
you> come to like as much as those three in order to plot them in
AB.> >  > > You can plot a moving average of an
indicator by writing statements> which calculate the ma of the indicator
and then plotting it.> >  > > Here is some code
that can do this.  Note that RSIa is a built in> indicator for RSI
of another variable vs RSI which calculates RSI of> price
only.> >  > > Good luck.> >
Ribbon of RSI   */> >  > >
Key=RSIa(C,14);> >  > > // Now calculate
various MAs of KEY> >  > >
M5=MA(Key,5);> > M8=MA(Key,8);> >
M13=MA(Key,13);> > M21=MA(Key,21);> >
M34=MA(Key,34);> >  > > // Now plot the
Mx's> >  > > Plot(M5,"M5",4,1);>
> Plot(M5,"M8",4,1);> > Plot(M13,"M13",4,1);>
> Plot(M21,"M21",4,1);> > Plot(M34,"M34",4,1);>
>  > >  > > -----Original
Message-----> From: mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxx] > Sent:
Friday, March 07, 2003 1:53 AM> To: amibroker tips> Cc: ronald
davis; jeff davis> Subject: [amibroker] indicator on indicator>
>  > > I am a newbie to Amibroker and to using
computers. I have included a> TC2000 chart that has multiple moving
averages applied to RSI in the> middle window, and to MONEYSTREAM in
the lower window.  I have obviously> been using other indicators
in TC2000.> > This chart is included in order to assist me in
explaining just what it> is that I want to do in Amibroker.  I
searched the Amibroker user manual> trying  to find out how to
apply many different timeframes of moving> averages to all sorts of
other indicators in Amibroker. I failed to find> how to apply a
moving average to another indicator.  To put things in> context,
I just became 60 in January, and I am pretty new at using a>
computer, so please keep this in mind when you respond to this
request.> My family puts up with me, so I am hoping that some of you
will also.  I> simply want to know which indicators most closely
correspond to the> Worden Bros. proprietary indicators of MONEYSTREAM,
TIME SEGMENTED> VOLUME, AND BALANCE OF POWER.  I also want to know
how to apply multiple> timeframes of moving averages to these and
other indicators.  I sort of> have a day job, so if I do not
quickly respond to one of your posts, I> will respond later in the
day.  I am moving to Amibroker because of the> dearth of
indicators offered by TC2000.  Ron D> >  >
> >  > <<A
href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243376.3048338.4372821.1927555/D=egrou>
pmail/S=:HM/A=1414910/rand=333935249>Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.