RE: [amibroker] Type In Symbols

Jayson:

Right you are but that is an almost
worthless feature then.

If I want to transfer symbols from one watchlist
to another, all I have to do is open “Organize Assignments”, go to
the Watchlist tab and move symbols from one watchlist to another at will.
I do not need the type-in box in that case.

What I was trying to do was move symbols
from a GROUP to a Watchlist, something you can not do in Organize
Assignments.  It turns out that GOLD stocks (which I was interested in
moving into a watchlist) are buried two levels deep in the tree as read from
the TC2000 database.  There is no convenient way to get symbols from Group
lists into Watchlists.  I think the only methods are to do it one at a
time as I wound up doing.  I could not even do an explore, export and then
reimport for the reason that Gold stocks are two levels deep and I could not
explore on them.  There will probably be a response that I could have set
up some complex Group or sector ID search and find, but what I would like to have
seen was the type-in box appear for all symbols no matter where they were
located.

Thanks for the comment.

Ken