Re: [amibroker] how do i fix holes for composites

Hi Jayson,

Wednesday, March 5, 2003, 12:08:33 AM, you wrote:

J> A different approach might be to simply filter out the very thinly
J> traded stocks all together....

Sadly, it is not just thinly traded stocks that cause a problem. Here
in Japan we've had a lot of bank reorganizations.  (We need more
liquidations, and less reorganizations, but I digress.)  In these
situations, the stock is delisted, doesn't trade for 5 or 6 days,
then is relisted with a different symbol and name, but it is the same
stock, with trading continuity with the previous issue name.
Adjusting and consolidating the data is not a problem, but with
composites and CompEquity, these holes cause big problems.  I hope a
fix is coming soon.

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx