RE: [amibroker] Re: nice fixes (Tomasz): windows state

<SPAN
class=500565904-03032003>Mike,
You
can adjust the settings in preference/Misc  for auto tile and auto arrange.
They are probably turned on now, un checking them should leave your windows
positioned as you left them....
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Mike <mik-u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:mik-u@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 9:44
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
nice fixes (Tomasz): windows stateHi,
Tomasz,Regarding saving windows state: is it possible to save open
window order? For example, I have three windows with different tick size for
one symbol opened on main chart. Window #1 - 1 min, #2 - 5 min, #3 - 30
min. Selected window is 30 min. After I minimize AB and restore it (or
close/open), order becames 30 min, 1 min, 5 min. Is there any way to keep
original state (order) of windows?Thanks,Mike--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
wrote:> Yuki,> > > I see.  Sorry to hear there
are such problems with this.  Why does it> > insist on
opening Favorites, and expanding the tree, when Favorites> > was
not open before?> > Because the intention was that "Favorites"
hold your favorite> symbols that you want to take a look at all the
time.> > >  From what you wrote below I can understand
some> > of the problems with this, but isn't there anything we can do
to make> > it behave a little better?  For example, if it
insists on opening> > Favorites and expanding it, can't it be made to
open the same folder> > where it was?  I'm afraid I don't
understand this very well.> > This option (remembering just the
most recently used folder)> is much better one in terms of implementation
/ performance> and I will consider it.> > Best
regards,> Tomasz Janeczko> amibroker.com> > -----
Original Message ----- > From: "Yuki Taga" <yukitaga@xxxx>>
To: "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Sunday,
March 02, 2003 10:53 AM> Subject: Re: [amibroker] nice fixes
(Tomasz)> > > > > > TJ> AmiBroker saves
layouts of all opened windows. It does not save> > TJ> exact
state of the tree and I don't plan to save it in the near> >
TJ> future.> > > > TJ> Why?> > TJ> First
please note that tree can contain hundreds of thousands items > >
TJ> (in case of QP2 database).> > TJ> Microsoft tree control has
real problems > > TJ> with handling lots of items and I had to
spent A LOT of> > TJ> time inventing workarounds.> >
TJ> You can not even imagine how much work was put into this.> >
> > TJ> Current tree uses on-demand fill (only when you
unfold> > TJ> the leaf the subitems are really added) and
several> > TJ> other tricks to save memory and> > TJ>
would be ineffective> > TJ> as all items would need to be stored at
exit/ > > TJ> read back completely at the start up time.>
Janeczko> > TJ> amibroker.com> > TJ> ----- Original
Message ----- > > TJ> From: "Yuki Taga"
<yukitaga@xxxx>> > TJ> To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > TJ> Sent: Sunday, March 02,
2003 4:39 AM> > TJ> Subject: [amibroker] nice fixes
(Tomasz)> > > > > > >> Hi Tomasz,>
Thanks.> > >> > > >> There is one thing that
still really irks me, however.  It's a small> > >>
thing maybe, and we have talked about it some time ago, and I cannot>
> >> remember the resolution, if there is one.> > >>
same state> > >> it was in when I close it.  Same
sheet, of course, which already> > >> happens, but the same
layout (expansion or contraction) of the symbol> > >> tree
-- assuming of course I am exiting with the default database> >
>> loaded, the same database that will be loaded on the next
start.> > >> > > >> As is, I still have the
following "bug" (I would sure consider it> > >> one, but
maybe others don't) . . .> > >> > > >> Let's say
I have my symbol tree open to 'All' or any 'Market'.  And> >
>> let's say the focus is on an issue that is also a member of>
> >> 'Favorites'.  When I close and reopen AB, the tree that I was
working> > >> in is now collapsed, and the Favorites tree is
expanded.> > >> > > >> I for one don't like this
handling.  Can we have at least an option> > >> on how
to handle this?  I really want AB to open exactly as I left>
> >> it.  I am usually working in a particular symbol tree for
some> > >> reason.  So I'd like to not always have to reset
it when I reopen.  I> > >> would guess there is either
a profound coding reason for this> > >> behavior, or an easy
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.