[amibroker] Re: Automated Backtesting Walkforward Validation

John,

Indeed, Clark's book(let) is full of Exel code. Indicators in Exel
while we have it all in AB?! Looks indeed a bit old fashionned (or
independent ??)

Be also interested in the AFL version of the SMR

Regards
Leo

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> Sure looks like English is a third language for me..
>
> I meant it to read : IF YOU make....

Validation

> Leo,
>
> Thanks for the response. What I was looking for was a reason to
spend
> another $85 at Amazon. I read a review that stated the book was
> targeted more toward backtesting in Excel. I'll probably save my
> money. I'll play around with your SMR and see what I come up with.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "leo_amelc
> <leo.timmermans.lt@xxxx>" <leo.timmermans.lt@xxxx> wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > Hope I didn't give the impression that Hugh Clark's methodology
is
> > better/worse than Pardo's and Stridsman's. I cannot do that
since I
> > didn't read the latter.
> >
> > In Clark's book he uses what he calls the 'Smart Momentum
Ratio'.
> > It's one way to evaluate the performance of a momentum
indicator.

> > The SMR = (Sharpe Ratio)/(max DD * deviation from straight line)
> > (I don't have the SMR in AFL yet since I'm just beginning on
this)

> > He also advocates the use of 'optimised momentum indicators'
using
> > similar methodology as is available from Herman van den Bergen
3D
> > Exel chart. The indicators must continually be adapted to the
> > current market conditions.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Regards
> > Leo
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John <jea55129@xxxx>"
> > <jea55129@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Leo,
> > >
> > > Have you read this book? If so can you give us some
information
> on
> > > why his methods of backtesting/optimizing are better than
Pardo's
> > and
> > > Stridsman's?
> > >
> > > Thanks,