[amibroker] Re: TC2000 V5 vs QP2 data

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "b519b <b519b@xxxx>" <b519b@xxxx>
wrote:
> What are the "minor" issues with QP2?
>
> Do you make use of any fundamental data? If so, how do you find
> working with that data?

 snip(a lot stuff not pertaining to the question).

 The minor issue I have is they get many symbols with
no data(because they are not on the exchange and are OTC).
They are supposed to delete these, but it doesn't always happen.
AB just ignores these symbols so it isn't really a problem.

 I use the GetExtraData function. Most of the values
are there(Tomasz has promised to add the rest). Then I use
this data to qualify a stock. You can use it as part of
your AA formula or generate a list to import into AB as a
database(I do both). QP2 gets their data the same place
as Zaks and I have checked they do match.

 Another way is to use the QP2 program to sort the data,
but it is a lot easier to let AB do the work.

 AB is fast enough to run complicated fundamentals along
with your trading system each day(takes about 2 min with a
fast computer for the entire market). The advantage with using
the fundamentals within AB is you always the the current data
for your calculations because QP2 is update daily.

                   Cliff s

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM