[amibroker] Re: The reaction [HPQ]

Fred,I alway spend the 25% of the available money for
these movements. This period I am >85% cash, waiting for the next main
market movement. It will be bullish and I need cash to follow itHPQ was an
obvious [for me] bonus.You may disagree, but, the environment is bearish.
The company announced better than expected profits.In another period,
congestive or bullish, this would be translated in a +10% gap up and a
buy-buy-buy intraday.This is not the case and it is important. Better
profits were based on expenses cut, sales were not better.HPQ will not be
able to cut the expenses for ever. Consequently, there is no expectation in this
announcement.Of course, it is not a reason for a -15% penalty, but, here is
the role of the bearish mood.You wrote some days ago that you don t read the
news, because some people know in advance what will you read.I do not agree
: Some people may be well informed, but who cares. The do their own job, I will
do mine.The question is simple : Is there any room available for us to moove
?The HPQ example adds a positive point. After hours was negative, nearly
-4%, giving a clear signal for the sentimentof the next session. Here comes
the important role of T/A. HPQ was pretending that it is ready to break the
resistanceline. Some people need to move fast and went Long, to catch the
bird BEFORE the announcements.The same spirit appeared from the beginning of
the last session: Despites the gap down, the first minutes were ascending
!!I have seen this technique many times and, I think, I know the results. It
is the ultimate trick before the breakdown.After the first 10min I was sure
that my Short at Open would be lucky. Since I do not trade this great stock, a
+10% was morethan enough for me. HPQ may go lower, but I do not care, it is
not my favorite and it will not be because of a profitable movement.It is
the HPQ curve that I don t like [or I don t know how to handle it...] and I will
not spend precious time to study now HPQ.CSCO is [still] much better, the
same for TMPW transcendental etc.I will stop this letter with a question :
Does anybody remember the reason for the Nov21 HPQ gap up ?But, time is up,
the great Franfurt bell rings, let us wellcome the new day !!Dimitris
Tsokakis

I understood your original comments.But the 10% number
is a totally out of context number and as such meaningless.How much
of your investable dollars do you place on trades like this ? 100% ? 10% ?
1% ?--- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS <<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>"
<<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:> It was the net intraday profit Fred, easily executed with
exceptional > high volume in 3h or so. As for the trading future of
HPQ, who cares, > it is not anything important.> I expressed
my opinion for HPQ after hours indication, it was > verified all day
long, a bit more safe than AHO and this is the end > of the story [for
me]. Some other time perhaps, HPQ is not my > favorite.>
DT> --- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Fred <<A
href="">fctonetti@xxxx>"
> <<A
href="">fctonetti@xxxx>
wrote:> > 10% ? ... 10% of what ? 1% ?> > > > ---
In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS > <<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>"
> > <<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:> > > I hope you agree it was one of the easiest +10%
intraday.> > > In and out in 3h.> > > No trading
techniques, no management, no complicated stop orders.> > >
DT> > > --- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS > > <<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>"
> > > <<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:> > > > The good news:> > > > HPQ profits
were better than expected.> > > > The bad news:> >
> > The reaction of the [after hours] market was a -4%.> > >
> Cutting the expenses is not the golden key.> > > > The
reason is simple: HPQ will not cut the expenses for ever.> > > >
And the market buys perspectives, not temporary facts.> > > >
DT