[amibroker] Scan, Explore, Backtest

As a new user, I'm trying  to understand the distinction and correct
usage of Scan, Explore and Backtest in AA.

As I understand the tutorial, a Scan generates buy and sell signals.
Is it fair to say that this is executed always over a specified
number of days or can a Watchlist (family) of symbols be scanned for
one day's result, like gain ?

As I understand it, the Explore function extends the Scan function
with expanded user defined screening reports. Are both Scan and
Explore executed for a single or multiple days ?

Is it fair to characterize the Backtest function as usable only on
multiple days never just a single day ?

I'm just trying to understand when to use Scan or Explore ( or
Backtest) on the various posted afl files.  Can someone point me to
somewhere in the manual where the 3 studies are directly compared,
please ?  And share when to use which ?

Thanks,

Dex

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM