RE: [amibroker] Re: Any way to use more field codes for composite indexes?

You also use dynamic naming, i do that often when i want to
test a large number of composites for different periods. Save a lot of code
writing... Like so:Pd = 2;//AddToComposite(1,"~MCMOCount","X");n
=
Foreign("~MCMOCount","X");AddToComposite(scCMO(O,Pd)/n,"~MCMO"+WriteVal(Pd,1.0),"X");
Pd=Pd+1;AddToComposite(scCMO(O,Pd)/n,"~MCMO"+WriteVal(Pd,1.0),"X");
Pd=Pd+1;AddToComposite(scCMO(O,Pd)/n,"~MCMO"+WriteVal(Pd,1.0),"X");
Pd=Pd+1;AddToComposite(scCMO(O,Pd)/n,"~MCMO"+WriteVal(Pd,1.0),"X");
Pd=Pd+1;// .... copy-n-past as many lines as you
like, each line will create an additional composite, each composite-name will
have an incrementing number appended to its name.
Herman-----Original Message-----From: Graham [<A
href="">mailto:gkavanag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent:
Tuesday, February 25, 2003 4:17 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
RE: [amibroker] Re: Any way to use more field codes for composite
indexes?OK some characters would not advisable, but could you not
use"COMPOSITE"+name() as an example?Cheers,Graham<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia-----Original
Message-----From: John R [<A
href="">mailto:johnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent:
Wednesday, 26 February 2003 7:30 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
Re: [amibroker] Re: Any way to use more field codes forcomposite
indexes?HermanInteresting  - underscore is usually down the
end of ASCII collationorder.Do you know if there any other characters
which do not have the expectedposition in ASCII collating
sequence?John----- Original Message -----From: "Herman van
den Bergen" <psytek@xxxxxxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 2:30
AMSubject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Any way to use more field codes
forcompositeindexes?> It is recommended that you use only
"~" as the first character foryour> composite (see AB Help), a long
time ago I got into all kinds oftrouble> using an
Underscore.>> I quote Tomasz: "You should use tilde ~ as a first
character of your> composites. Using underscore ( _ ) is not recommended.
Why?> Symbols beginning with underscore are put at the start of the
symbollist> this causes that during first scan the first symbol is
counted twice.">> Herman>   -----Original
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 3:05 PM>   To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Any
way to use more field codes forcomposite>
indexes?>>>   The "`" is purely an easy way to
identify the composites in thesymbol>   tree and so that
you do not overwrite an existing symbol. You canuse>
anything, or nothing as far as I know.>>
-----Original Message----->   From: ujr4s
<ujr4s@xxxxxxxxx> [<A
href="">mailto:ujr4s@xxxxxxxxx]>
Sent: Wednesday, 26 February 2003 6:56 AM>   To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: [amibroker] Re: Any way
to use more field codes forcomposite>
indexes?>>     I thought there is something
special about "~".  I'll try "~X" to>   see if that
works.  Thanks.>>
"Graham" <gkavanag@xxxx> wrote:>   >
KC>   > Not certain exactly what you want to create, but why
not just add>   > another letter or something to the
name>   > ASectCount= "~X" +
"SectorID(1);>   >>
>>   > Cheers,>   >
Graham>   > <A href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading>   >
<A href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia>
href="">mailto:ujr4s@x...]>   > Sent:
Wednesday, 26 February 2003 6:29 AM>   > To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Any
way to use more field codes for>
composite>   > indexes?>
>>   >>   > Thanks Graham, as
always.  But I need further help with this.>   >
Exactly how do I create a separate sector composite, since
I'm>   using>   > SectorID(1) to
automatically generate composite indexes in all>   >
sectors?>   >>   >>
> AllSectCount= "~" + "SectorID(1);>
>>   > Ab20MA=C>MA(20, C);>   >
Ab50MA, etc.....>   >>   >
AddtoComposite(Ab20MA, AllSectCount,"O");>   >
AddtoComposite(Ab50MA, AllSectCount,"H");>   >
etc.....>   >>   > It seems to me that
whatever I do, it will automatically assign to>   > the same
sector indexes.  And once I use up these six field
codes,>   > then I'm out of luck.  Of course, if I
create composites for each>   of>   > these
sectors and then scan individually, then I should be
OK.But>   > you are talking about 31 sectors in the TC2K
database!!>   >>   >
Cheers,>   > KC>   >>
>>   >>   >>
>>   >>   >>
>>   >>   >>
>>   > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham"
<gkavanag@xxxx> wrote:>   > > Create more than one
composite.>   > > You only need to move to the composite
the percent number and>   > create a>
> > line chart, so you could get 6 in one composite.>
> >>   > > Cheers,>   > >
Graham>   > > <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading>   >
> <A href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia>   >
>>   > > -----Original
Message----->   > > From: ujr4s <ujr4s@xxxx> [<A
href="">mailto:ujr4s@x...]>   > > Sent:
Wednesday, 26 February 2003 5:40 AM>   > > To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   > > Subject: [amibroker] Any
way to use more field codes forcomposite>   > >
indexes?>   > >>   > > Hi,
all,>   > >>   >
>       Besides using OHLCVI, is there any
other way to store>   > > information for composite
indexes?   Say, I want to look at the>   > >
percentage of stocks trading above 20, 50, and 200 day MAs,
and>   so>   > > on... for all
sectors.  Since it easily uses up all six of these>   >
> field codes, is there any way to work around that?>   >
>>   > > Thanks for tips.>   >
>>   > > KC>   >
>>   > >>   >
>>   > >>   > > Send BUG
REPORTS to bugs@xxxx>   > > Send SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxx>   > >
to>   > > <A href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>>
Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT>>>>>   Send BUG
REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
SUGGESTIONS to
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check
group FAQ at:<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/Yahoo! Groups
SponsorADVERTISEMENTSend BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check
group FAQ at: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.