RE: [amibroker] Re: Any way to use more field codes for composite indexes?

It is
recommended that you use only "~" as the first character for your
composite (see AB Help), a long time ago I got into all kinds of
trouble using an Underscore.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
quote Tomasz: <FONT
face=Arial><SPAN
class=470391602-26022003>"You should use tilde ~ as a first character of
your composites. Using underscore ( _
) is not recommended. <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Why?
Symbols beginning with
underscore are put at the start of the symbol list<SPAN
class=470391602-26022003> <FONT
color=#0000ff>this causes that during first scan the first
symbol is counted twice.<SPAN
class=470391602-26022003>"
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Herman

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
  [mailto:gkavanag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
  3:05 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] Re: Any way to use more field codes for composite
  indexes?The "`" is purely an easy way to identify the
  composites in the symboltree and so that you do not overwrite an existing
  symbol. You can useanything, or nothing as far as I
  know.Cheers,Graham<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia-----Original
  Message-----From: ujr4s <ujr4s@xxxxxxxxx> [mailto:ujr4s@xxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Wednesday, 26 February 2003 6:56 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Any way to use more
  field codes for compositeindexes?  I thought there is
  something special about "~".  I'll try "~X" to see if that
  works.  Thanks.   KC--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanag@xxxx> wrote:>
  KC> Not certain exactly what you want to create, but why not just
  add> another letter or something to the name> ASectCount= "~X" +
  "SectorID(1);> > > Cheers,> Graham> <A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading>
  <A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia>
  > -----Original Message-----> From: ujr4s <ujr4s@xxxx>
  [mailto:ujr4s@xxxx] > Sent: Wednesday, 26 February 2003 6:29 AM>
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Any way to use
  more field codes for composite> indexes?> > >
  Thanks Graham, as always.  But I need further help with this.
  > Exactly how do I create a separate sector composite, since I'm
  using > SectorID(1) to automatically generate composite indexes in
  all > sectors?    > > >
  AllSectCount= "~" + "SectorID(1);> > Ab20MA=C>MA(20,
  C);> Ab50MA, etc.....> > AddtoComposite(Ab20MA,
  AllSectCount,"O");> AddtoComposite(Ab50MA, AllSectCount,"H");>
  etc.....> > It seems to me that whatever I do, it will
  automatically assign to > the same sector indexes.  And once I use
  up these six field codes, > then I'm out of luck.  Of course, if I
  create composites for each of > these sectors and then scan
  individually, then I should be OK.  But > you are talking about 31
  sectors in the TC2K database!!  > > Cheers,>

  <gkavanag@xxxx> wrote:> > Create more than one
  composite.> > You only need to move to the composite the percent
  number and > create a> > line chart, so you could get 6 in
  one composite.> > > > Cheers,> > Graham>
  <ujr4s@xxxx> [mailto:ujr4s@xxxx] > > Sent: Wednesday, 26
  February 2003 5:40 AM> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
  Subject: [amibroker] Any way to use more field codes for composite>
  > indexes?> > > > Hi, all, > >  >
  >       Besides using OHLCVI, is there any
  other way to store > > information for composite
  indexes?   Say, I want to look at the > > percentage of
  stocks trading above 20, 50, and 200 day MAs, and so > > on...
  for all sectors.  Since it easily uses up all six of these > >
  field codes, is there any way to work around that?  > >
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at:<A
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
  Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.