[amibroker] Support for your Beta Project

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Support for your Beta Project
  • From: "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:45:45 -0800

Steve:

I had a long phone call with Buzz last night about your project.  I
offered some suggestions as well as sending Buzz an email from Tomasz
that describes the commands in the Windows Scripting Host which Buzz
needs to begin thinking about the "overlay" to AB.

The other subject of the friend who has programming skills prompts this
note and asks that you followup directly according to the following
information.

Dale Wingo,  ( dingo@xxxxxxxxxxxx ) someone you have corresponded with
privately in the past, and I have been partnering on system developments
in AB for many many months now.

Dale has experience with the kinds of skills you need to turn your
overlay concept into working modules.  Dale has created an
overlay/program that automates the capture and recording of data from
the AB Report module; he has made this available free to the Amibroker
community.  I was a beta tester and collaborator with Dale on this
effort.

In addition, Dale has created several private "tools" that we both use
to test system ideas. For example, one is a script driven shell that
automates complex tasks in optimization of AB systems, including running
the optimization, exporting results, calculating parameters in Excel,
sorting, extracting appropriate next parameters for the optimization,
sticking these back into AB and running the next stage optimization.
All automatically.

Several other manual tools are also useful.

Dale is accomplished in this and the Windows interface issues involved.

This is all background to my suggestion that you really need to talk
directly to Dale and jointly agree on how Dale might help you and what
Dale might expect in return.  I did not share Dale's name with Buzz and
suggested to Dale that he and you talk about this. Dale agreed that my
sending this introductory note was appropriate.

Buzz sounds like an accomplished programmer and possibly an accomplished
trader.  His skill and experience with AB itself and the tools needed to
create your specific overlay are not well developed. While I do not
doubt that he can "learn his way" towards making these tools work, you
figuring out how someone accomplished and experienced - like Dale - can
help you is a useful undertaking.

Please do not forward this message to Buzz, it is for your eyes only.
Whatever you and Dale decide among yourselves is not my business and I
remain committed to helping you Beta test and offer any other advice or
help I can.

Respectfully,

Ken