[amibroker] Re: Same day signals

I don't trade stocks or etf's for that matter because the DD's on any
system I've ever written or seen or just TOO big for my stomach, but
QQQ trades for a loooooong while after NDX is finished for the day.

As for the mechanics of trade executions with what I do trade, last
time to trade is 4:00 PM eastern and I NEVER have trouble getting
trades filled with < 10 seconds to go.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> Fred sez:
> Yes, see the settings, this is how the system is set up and PLEASE
> don't tell me it's not possible especially with QQQ when the
driving
> datastream is NDX.
>
> Fred,
>
> One last point about any system that trades the same day the signal
is created.  Folks should be aware that: yes, one can trade the QQQ's
while monitoring the NDX (or anything that calls for entry on the
close of the day the signal is created).  However, this can cause a
huge execution problem:

> If your formula is hovering at or near a trigger level and you
enter a trade before the actual close (because you must enter the
trade before the close or you don't "get" the close)...you run the
risk of being on the wrong side of the trade (due to the "action" in
the closing minutes).