[amibroker] Re: AddColumn vs NumColumn & ColumnX=

Tomasz,

Thank you, thank you, thank you..... I knew it was something simple
that I was overlooking.... Strings.....

I think I'll put a sticky note on my computer screen to remind of
that fact.

Thanks again,

Bill

> Bill,
>
> As I wrote you before WriteVal converts from NUMBER or ARRAY
> to STRING. That's why you can not use AddColumn() because
> it accepts the array/number and NOT string. Only AddTextColumn
accepts
> strings.
>
> In fact your formula can be simplified a lot. In *exploration* you
don't
> really need to use WriteVal at all.
> WriteVal is required ONLY in Commentary and in Indicator Builder
> (only if you want to use it in textual Title variable).
>
> Here is the code :
>
> Filter = 1;
>
> DateSpan = EndValue(BarIndex()) - BeginValue(BarIndex());
> Range = DateSpan ;
>
> PerChange = (100*(EndValue(Close)-BeginValue(Close))/BeginValue
(Close));

> SD = (StDev(Close,Range));
>
> SDPerCent = (StDev(((Close/Ref(Close,-1))-1)*100,Range)*((Range)/
> (Range-1))^.5);
>
> Title ="Percentage change of close
is                              "

<amibroker@xxxx>