 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
[mailto:gkavanag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003
7:06 AMTo: AB yahoo groupSubject: [amibroker] Using
sectors and industiesI seem to be unable to set up the
sectors correctly with the correctstocks in the correct industry sub groups.
I have read through the helpfiles and as far as I can work out the setup
files are correct. But when I use the script file to update the symbol names
and sectorsthey load as correct industry groups in the right sector, but not
in thecorrect industry (sub-sector) directories. (eg I get bank listed
underdiversified financials, and insurance symbols under banks
industry)How does the program actually setup the industries order under
thesectors.I have tried re-ordering them in the file to no
avail.Here are the broker files, and sample from the symbol csv
fileBroker.sectorsClassification
pendingEnergyMaterialsIndustrialsConsumer
DiscretionaryConsumer StaplesHealth CareFinancialsInformation
TechnologyTelecommunicationUtilitiesIndexGICS
NABroker.industries0      Classification
pending1
Energy2
Materials3      Capital
Goods3      Commercial Services &
Supplies3
Transportation4      Automobile &
Components4      Consumer Durables &
Apparel4      Hotels Restaurants &
Leisure4
Media4
Retailing5      Food & Drug
Retailing5      Food Beverage &
Tobacco5      Household & Personal
Products6      Health Care Equipment &
Services6      Pharmaceuticals &
Biotechnology7
Banks7      Diversified
Financials7
Insurance7      Property
Trusts7      Real
Estate8      Software &
Services8      Technology hardware &
Equipment9      Telecommunication
Services10
Utilities11
Index12      GICS Sector Code Not
ApplicableIndustry csv fileAAB,Absolute Return Fund
(The),26AAC,Australian Agricultural Company Limited,12AAI,Alcoa
Inc,2AAR,Anglo Australian Resources Nl,2AAT,Autron Corporation
Limited,22AAU,Adcorp Australia Limited,7ABB,Abb Grain
Limited,11Cheers,GrahamPost
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.