[amibroker] Re: BuyPrice

Tomasz,
To select some points from your [interesting] reference:
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html?
html/tws/stop_orders.html~top.body
"A Stop order is not guaranteed a specific execution
price", "exchanges that do not natively execute stop orders", "Buy
Simulated Stop Orders become market orders when ...", "stop orders
will only be elected ...", "for NASDAQ stocks and US Equity Options
which are only triggered after... " etc.
Is this the "all you have to do" and "then go for a walk ". ? With so
many restrictions [and presupposed no web delays] will you consider
your INTRADAY order as DONE ?? And will you call it EOD trading ??
These are some of the dangers when you place delay=0 and you consider
it as EOD trading : the backtesting results will not be that reliable
and may be quite far from the real results.
Dimitris Tsokakis

> Dimitris,
>
> In fact all you have to do is to place one buy stop order just
after trading starts.
> Then you can turn off the monitor and go for a walk. You don't need
intraday
> feed for this and you don't need to watch the market.
> All work is done by your broker.
>
> For more reference see:
> http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html?
html/tws/stop_orders.html~top.body
> http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html?
html/tws/stop_limit.html~top.body

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Open.
<amibroker@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Dimitris,
> > >
> > > You are wrong. See the blue comments below.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko
> > > amibroker.com

we