RE: [amibroker] Stock Pairs

<SPAN
class=495522022-17022003>Dick,
The
reason I choose to develop my own sectors is that it allows me to filter stocks
that I would have no interest in trading and there for do not want included in
the index calculation. For instance I do not trade stocks less than $10 or whose
volume is less than 100,000 shares (50 day average) I also want to see a certain
level of capitalization, institutional interest etc. AddToComposite allows me to
create an index on stocks that meet my overall criteria.
<SPAN
class=495522022-17022003>
The
reason I opt to use Sectors over industry groups is that  many of the
industry groups have so few components. A group of 3 stocks offer me little
information. I am sure there are arguments to the other side of my reasoning but
that is how I do it.
<SPAN
class=495522022-17022003>
As to
your question of wild fluctuations are you referring to the purple line and the
jump in aug-sept or are you talking about the barchart scatter lines? the
problem is likely due to data holes. look at some stocks like JLN , there
are many days where this stock does not trade at all. Perhaps this type of data
is causing the problem?
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: hoierman
[mailto:hoierman@xxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 5:19
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Stock
Pairs

<SPAN
>Dear <SPAN
class=SpellE>Jayson et
all:
<SPAN
>I like your
idea on Stock Pairs but wondered why you didn&#8217;t use one of the sector or
industry groups in the data base?
Thanks to your help I have been using the <SPAN
class=SpellE>AddComp feature to screen the 199 Industry groups in the US
Stocks database (this approximates the IBD industry groups). This works fine on
a number of groups but others have a wildly fluctuating chart. (see attached gif
file).  This puzzles me as in
looking at the stocks in these groups to see why the extreme fluctuations I
normally can&#8217;t ascertain any one stock that causes it.<SPAN
>  In this one (Shoes & Apparel) the
only one that made a big move was Sacuny &#8230; but I don&#8217;t
believe it should skew the data as much as the cart shows. <SPAN
> If you or anyone else has a solution to
this problem any suggestions will be most
appreciated.
<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>
<SPAN