[amibroker] Re: Number of Days between dates

Tomasz,

So the thought sequence I need to go through is something like this:

1. What AFL variable defines the quantity I'm interested in -
BarIndex().
2. What value of that variable do I want - EndValue().
3. What do I want to do with that value - WriteVal().

I've go a lot to learn to get my mind wrapped around AFL and the
language structure.

Thank you for your patience with me.

Bill

> Bill,
>
> One WriteVal() and some braces were missing, corrected one follows:
>
> Period = EndValue( BarIndex() ) - BeginValue( BarIndex() )+1;
>
> PerChange = WriteVal(100*(EndValue(Close)-BeginValue
> (Close))/BeginValue(Close));
>
> Title ="Percentage change of close is " +
> PerChange +
> "%, \nStandard Deviation over the period is   " +
> WriteVal( EndValue( StDev( Close, Period ) ) );
>
> BTW: I don't think you need to add +1 to the Period.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Here is
> > the code:
> > -----------
> > Period = EndValue( BarIndex() ) - BeginValue( BarIndex() )+1;
> >
> > PerChange = WriteVal(100*(EndValue(Close)-BeginValue
> > (Close))/BeginValue(Close));
> >
> > Title ="Percentagechange of close is " + PerChange + "%,
\nStandard
> > Deviation over the period is   "+ EndValue( StDev( Close,
Period ) ) ;

<amibroker@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,