RE: [amibroker] Re: Colored Volume Bars

<SPAN
class=064521520-11022003>Anthony,
<SPAN
class=064521520-11022003>
When
you say you only get 2 grid lines I assume that is with the chart zoomed out??
If you zoom in you get more lines (I do anyway). You could <FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>try the new
plotgrid() function to set  them at specific levels or run a calculation to
determine lines. something like
<FONT
color=#282828>
x=HHV(V,100)/2<FONT
color=#282828>;<FONT
color=#0000ff>
PlotGrid(<FONT
color=#0000ff>LastValue(x),<FONT
color=#000000>colorWhite<FONT color=#282828 face=Arial
size=2>);

you could adjust
where the lines fall and add as many grid lines as desired

 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Anthony
<axon50@xxxxxxxxx> [mailto:axon50@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday,
February 11, 2003 3:09 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Colored Volume
BarsThanks Jayson for the explanation of why the colors
did not change.As for the grid lines, I had originally tried using
"middle" as you suggested but because I also plotted the MA of volume with
StyleOwnScale as well, no gridlines appeared even with "middle"
selected. Now that I think about it I guess that would be expected as
there is a contradiction.The reason that I was fiddling around is
that I would like the gridlines to be less busy. I get 5 lines. How do I get
only 2 like the inbuilt volume display?Cheers,Anthony
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx>
wrote:> Anthony,> > The system colors have precedence over
the custom colors so if you have set> the preferences to color price
bars for up down days they will be colored> green for up and red for
down. You could actually choose any color. By> placing the price plot
first in your code price is layered on top.> >  If, however,
you choose 2 colors with an iif statement then your colors> would
take over (example:>
Plot(C,"",IIf(C>O,colorBlue,colorYellow),styleCandle);)>
......> > To add grids to a custom indicator rt click choose edit
then check "Middle"> for grid lines.> > Jayson>
-----Original Message-----> From: Anthony <axon50@xxxx>
[mailto:axon50@xxxx]> Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 2:15 PM>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Colored Volume
Bars> > > Thankyou Anthony and Jayson, the StyleOwnScale
option worked for the> price chart.> Anthony, if you have time,
could you please explain why "Plot> (C,"",colorBlack,styleCandle);" stops
the volume bars from> overwriting the price bars but leaves the price
bars at my originally> selected colors(which were not black).>
> Also, when I use StyleOwnScale within a custom indicator(like
trying> to reproduce the in-built volume indicator) I can't get any
grid> lines to appear.> Cheers,> Anthony> >
<ajf1111@xxxx>> wrote:> > Jayson,> >>
> I tried that first but the problem is that the volume bars are>
displayed> > on top of the price bars..therefore you should plot the
price bars> first> > so they plot on top of the volume
bars...> >> > Anthony> >> > Jayson
wrote:> >> > >  Anthony,If you add stylownscale to
your custom vol it should> leave> > > the price scale
alone.... Jayson> > > -----Original Message-----> > >
From: Anthony <axon50@xxxx> [mailto:axon50@xxxx]> > > Sent:
Tuesday, February 11, 2003 7:02 AM> > > To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > Subject: [amibroker] Colored Volume
Bars> > >> > > Hi,> > > I want to have
different colors for volume bars on up days and> down> > >
days on the main price chart.> > > Is there any easy way of doing
it or do I have to create a custom> > > indicator?> >
> I created a custom indicator for volume alone but can't seem to>
get> > > the grid lines the same as the in-built volume
display.> > >> > > VolumeColor =
IIf(Close>Open,colorGreen,IIf> > >
(Close<Open,colorRed,colorPaleBlue));> > >
Plot(Volume,"volume",Volumecolor,styleHistogram+styleThick);> >
correct?> > >> > > Thanks,> > >
Anthony> > >> > >> > >> >
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > (Web page: <A
Terms of> Service.> > >> >

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> > >> > > Post
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >
(Web page: <A
Terms of> Service.> >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Post AmiQuote-related
messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Web page: <A
> Check group FAQ at:> <A
Service.Post
group FAQ at: <A