RE: [amibroker] trend identifier, need help

<SPAN
class=109342918-11022003>Tony
comments......                 <SPAN
class=109342918-11022003>" It is very easy to identify visually but I
have hard time implementing this, any help is appreciated. <SPAN
class=109342918-11022003>"
<SPAN
class=109342918-11022003>
<FONT
color=#0000ff>Tony, apparently
it is easier to see than it is to translate into English as well :))
Perhaps you could post a gif showing what you are after..... I got totally lost
in your description below.

 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: tchan95014
<tchan95014@xxxxxxxxx> [mailto:tchan95014@xxxxxxxxx]Sent:
Tuesday, February 11, 2003 1:25 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] trend identifier, need
helpHi, all,      I am
trying to use the following criteria to determine the market
trend:      1) Market is in UP trend
when:         any CLOSE (AFTER the
previous DOWN trend trigger) crosses up (lowest HIGH occurred AFTER previous
DOWN trend trigger * (1 + 10%))      2) Once in
UP trend, we start looking for DOWN trend, which
is:         you guessed it, when any
CLOSE (AFTER the previous UP trend trigger) crosses down (highest LOW
occurred AFTER previous UP trend trigger * (1 -
10%))      3) You stay in UP trend until a DOWN
trend is identified, you stay in DOWN trend until an UP trend is
identified.      4) an indefinite time can pass
AFTER the (lowest HIGH) or (highest LOW) threshold is identified until a
trend is trigged because of this adjustable % (10% here), so that this
threshold can be violated but NO trend changed, or they can be violated
without new trend then another threshold is confirmed and new value to
determine the trend change recalculated.
5) Since this indefinite time duration issue, a fixed look back does not do
it.
      It is very easy to identify visually but I
have hard time implementing this, any help is appreciated.
      Best without using script, but any
solution      is
welcome.
Thanks