[amibroker] AmiBroker Install Tip

Just thought I'd share my XP install tip.

I initaily had a bit of trouble installing AmiBroker under XP.

I have Multiple Users set up ie:
  Sysop (Admin)          Maintinance
  Broker (PwrUser)       Trading
  Michael (PwrUser)      General

I also have Encryption turned ON for Broker user directories.

When I tried to install AB with Broker user - It's says you must be
Administrator to install.
Ok, Fair enough - Run the Install as "Admin" I thought.

This is good (Sic) - Now I can't even run AmiBroker - Due to install being
encrypted as user Admin.

So I Remove encryption for the AmiBroker directory. & Can run Again.

But then I though...... Should I be "Running" AB as admin aswell?
eg If Im running AB as user Broker and if AB writes to files and these
files are owned by admin are they sure to get access.  (Fixable by altering
security settings)
Or
Worse - Running as admin may grant access to parts of the system - That
when run under "broker" it can no longer access. ie registry entries,
System calls etc.
In short - It might do wierd things & cause unstability.......

So I run as "Admin" to be sure........ Only to find I have LOST all my
access to encrypted files though amibroker.  (Being Admin doesn't let you
read encrypted files)

Which was no good, So I switch back to running as "Broker" & hope for the best.

I wasn't particualy comfortable with installing as Admin & running as
"broker"!!!

Later on....

By chance, I was looking at the properties of the AmiBroker install file -
And changed the compatability to Win98.

I tried the install like that, (user broker) and it worked like a charm.

Now the install was done by user Broker and I run it under user Broker - I
feel much happier about that!

KR
         Michael.