[amibroker] Re: TJ and Bob Jagow - trading platform

And accept mine too; I was in a very bad mood Saturday morning
You know last week was the probably the most interesting since last
October crash, talking about swing trading
I started the week short and increased my positions along the week,
including Thursday night even though damned gurus said last Thursday
hour was bullish
But the sheep followed and market gaped up Friday before falling.
I was right, but I had like a dumb alert system when market open and
I struggled a lot with my spreadsheets and ASCII import and fix up
real time, and …and … I almost panicked before recover a smile.
So Saturday morning when I made my statement and I hear people how
cooooool they mastered Friday open marked, I really asked myself why
I have to sweat like that to keep control of my portfolio. But I
don't give up.
And I sincerely think you are very kind and skilled, yes,yes…

Best regards
LPR

> Hello,
>
> First please accept my appologies for some kind of rough language
> of my first response to you.
>
> 1. OK I understand now.
> 2. there is no link to broker right now that's true.
> you need to run broker's own software in parallel.
> On the other hand you can choose your broker
> (tradestation is linked to one brokerage).
> I can not promise you delivering link to brokerages
> within month or two but I will work on it in some longer
> term.
>
> 3. Thank you for the description of what you are after.
> Now it is clear what you want to achieve. And you are correct
> that currently portfolio manager is not linked to alerts just
> because there is no feedback information about order fill price.
> (it will be implemented sometime in the future - see 2. )
>
> 4. This is not the only way but one of possible ways.
> You can also use recently introduced Param function
> to quickly adjust Alert target price.
>
> 5. You are right but portfolio manager needs to be rewritten
> completely because right now it is very basic.
>
> 6. As written in my previous post I will provide bad tick filter
> that should address this issue.
>
> 7. It is now very easy and quick ( less than one second)
>  to search the mailing list archive once you download it from
> http://www.amibroker.com/listarchive.html
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com