[amibroker] Re: NDX / QQQ - Can it be traded ?

Ken,
my reply was a bit quick.
For ANY further explanations, do not hesitate to ask.
Dimitris
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris:
>
> Many thanks for this substantive reply. I will spend time studying
and
> testing it on various stocks.
>
> I have some system work progressing in which the optimizations take
> lot of time because of many variable (I know about the theory that
the
> more complex the system the less it will work...but I will ignore
that
> for now).  Nonetheless before I invest lots of effort in managing a
> complex optimization, I would like to know that the stocks on which
I am
> optimizing are "good candidates".  I will attempt to use your
approach
> as some screening.  I realize also that you say that the screening
> approach should use or approximate the indicators to be used in the
> optimization.  This is a challenge for me and I will have to
experiment
> to see how far I can stray from this principle before it is does not
> produce useable results.
>
> I also wish to explore outside the realm of high volatility stocks
like
> those in the high flying Nasdaq.
>
> Thanks again. I will report some learnings.
>
> Ken

combinations
> better than +1000% for JNPR]
> The bad performance of ESRX means that this stock need some other
> treatment.
> The same optimization confirms the ESRX conclusion : It is better
not
> to trade this stock, since the most profitable combination
> is the 0 trades !
> Of course, this method is not always accurate, but it gives good
> advices for the first selection.
> Besides that, I have met many times JNPR and RFMD in the 4-digit
> profitable stocks, my experience is not great, I come back to
basics
> [CSCO 70% and BEAS 30%] quickly, I feel more safe there, but, it is
> matter of taste [crude oil and copper futures are also interesting,
> but let us talk for stocks in this group]
> Does it help ?
> Dimitris
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> > DT: can you name some additional symbols, besides CSCO and BEAS,
> with
> > which you have seen similar success.  Thanks for sharing your
> > experience.
> >
> > Ken

interesting

amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > >   Check group FAQ at:
> > >
> > >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> > Service.

> > Check group FAQ at:

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> Check group FAQ at:

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Rent DVDs Online-No late fees! Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/OdoN7C/oEZFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM