 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
[mailto:gkavanag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003
9:59 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
[amibroker] Simulator Version 1.14 Released for downlaod.

<SPAN
>I must have missed this
somewhere, what does it simulate?
<SPAN

<SPAN
>Cheers,
<SPAN
>Graham
<SPAN

<SPAN
Message-----From: William
Peters [mailto:williampeters1@xxxxxxxxxxxx] <SPAN
>Sent: Thursday, 6 February 2003 1:59
PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
>Subject: [amibroker] Simulator Version 1.14
Released for downlaod.
<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>

<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
size=2>Download
<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2><A
href=""><FONT
face="Comic Sans MS"><SPAN
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/Simulator114.zip

<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
size=2>***Please
note that you will require Amibroker 4.25 or higher to use this
program.***

<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
size=2>Because there
are have been many modifications it is likely that BUGS will occur. Please
report any bugs to me at my email address as noted
below.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
size=2><SPAN
>Regards,

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
size=2>William
Peters

<FONT color=green face="Times New Roman"
size=5>Simulator Version 1.14 for
Amibroker® Read Me
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>Feburary 05, 2003
21.30
<SPAN
>Written by: William Peters <A
href="">williampeters1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<SPAN
>REQUIREMENTS
<FONT
face=Symbol size=2>·<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Windows
95 or higher
<FONT
face=Symbol size=2>·<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

<SPAN
>Amibroker® 4.25 or
higher

<FONT
face=Symbol size=2>·<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

VB6
Runtime Files (See Note at bottom of this page to obtain these files if they are
not already intalled on your computer). The Simulator should still run with the
older VB5 runtime files, just try it first. Also ensure you try running the
Simulator before downloading and installing these files as they might already be
installed on your system.
<SPAN
>INSTALLATION
INSTRUCTIONS
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>1.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Save the
Simulator.exe file to the Amibroker® directory. ie. c:\Program
File\Amibroker\Simulator.exe
<SPAN
>**Note: Only perform the following step if you have not
previously installed the Simulator.**
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>2.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Run
Amibroker® and open the menu items: Tools --> Customise. Add the
Simulator.exe as a NEW tool and name it 'Simulator'.
<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>USAGE
INSTRUCTIONS

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>1.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Open the
ticker code you require in your simulation.
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>2.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Run the
Simulator tool from: Tools --> Simulator
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>3.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Enter the
prefered speed: Default is 50 milliseconds. As an example if you want it to run
slower enter 1000. The range is between 0 and 10000 milliseconds.

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>4.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Enter the
number of bars for the simulation: ie. 252 bars is approx 1 year for a daily
simulation. If you enter 0 then the program will use all available bars.

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>5.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

If you
are working with an indicator that has a lag period then you can set the preload
period so the program will start at the point where the indicator kicks in.

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>6.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

You can
pause and continue the simulation.
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>7.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

To use
the Simlator on another ticker. First 'Stop' the simulation, then open the new
ticker and click 'Run'
<SPAN
>CHANGES
FOR VERSION 1.14 (as compared to 1.13)
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>1.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Re-wrote
routines using the new Retrieve method to get the quotes. This has resulted in a
significant increase in the overall speed of the program.
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>2.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Used a
vastly improved method to preload bars. (1000 preload bars is almost instant.)

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>3.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Fixed the
problem where numerous Amibroker® documents were opening in the background.

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>4.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Modified
the tooltip text for the text boxes.
<SPAN
>CHANGES
FOR VERSION 1.13 (as compared to 1.12)
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>1.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

The pause
and stop button now take effect for the currently displayed bar. There was
previously an overun of 1 bar before they took effect.
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>2.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

You can
now change the delay time (milliseconds) after the user clicks the pause button.
There was a bug in the previous version which ignored that setting.

<SPAN
>CHANGES
FOR VERSION 1.12 (as compared to 1.0)
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>1.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Modifid
the user interface so its smaller and changed the button configuration.

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>2.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Removed
the labels for the edit boxes (There are tooltips for each edit box, just hold
you cursor over them for a moment)
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>3.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Added a
new parameter to preload a specified number of days. This is helpful if you have
an indicator that only kicks in after quite a long period. For example a 200 day
MA will only start drawing after 200 days have passed requiring the user to wait
until 200 days have passed before viewing the indicator.
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>4.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

The
selected ticker code now appears in the Amibroker® title bar and ticker list.

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>5.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

The speed
of the Simular is now entered in milliseconds.
<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>6.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

The
Simulator program now starts up as a child window to the Amibroker® program. If
you minimize or move the Amibroker® program the Simulator will also minimize or
move with the main program. Very simular to the the AA window.

<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=2>7.<FONT
face="Times New Roman" size=1><SPAN

Some
internal efficiency improvements.
<SPAN
>ABOUT THE VB RUNTIME
FILES

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>Note: This program is written using VB
  and requires the VB runtime files to be installed. Here is a link to the VB6
  runtime file for those who require them: <A
  href="">http://www.simtel.net/vbrun.php

<SPAN
>BUG REPORTS

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>If you experience any problem with this
  version please send a detailed description of the problem (especially the
  steps needed to reproduce it) to <A
  href="">williampeters1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

<SPAN
>COPYRIGHT

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>This version of the program is Freeware.
  Copyright © 2002 William Peter. All rights reserved. AmiBroker® is the
  trademark of Tomasz Janeczko/AmiBroker.com. Microsoft,Windows, Windows NT,
  Win32, and Win32s are either registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in
  the U.S.A. and/or other countries.
<SPAN
>DISCLAIMER

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>This software is provided "as is" without
  warranty of any kind. Any use of the program is at your own risk. The author
  disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a
  particular purpose.
<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2><SPAN
><FONT
face="Courier New" size=2>Post AmiQuote-related
messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <FONT
face="Courier New" size=2><SPAN
><FONT
face="Courier New">(Web page: <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> <FONT
face="Courier New" size=2>Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of Service.<SPAN

Post
group FAQ at: <A