RE: [amibroker] Re: Knowledge ... Previously something else ...

Nope,
you're don't seem to be a dull guy and I sure hope its about making
money.!!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred
  <fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx> [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx] Sent:
  Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:52 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Knowledge ...
  Previously something else ...We try harder ...
  sometimes it's appreciated ... most times it's just found to be offensive
  ... but it's never dull.Pretty charts are "nice", but it's about
  making money isn't it ?--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo"
  <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> I'm very cold and I can't feel my legs...
  >  > I happen to agree with Fred on this one (gulp)..
  No one I've> encountered on this board has posted their "best system"
  to my knowledge> and to expect them to is silly. Would You?
  >  > I find this thread very interesting and having someone
  that seems to be> a successful trader discuss all of this has been
  very educational and> stimulating. Its certainly more interesting
  than another question about> how to code a MACD (no
  offense!).>  > I'd like to see discussions of this nature
  in the future and for this> discussion to continue so for those of
  you who think that this nothing> more than chest thumping - read
  the title and and move on.. its just> that simple!>
  > Thanks for stirring things up a bit, Fred!  Thump
  away!>  > d  >  >  >
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxx] > Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:56
  AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker]
  Knowledge ... Previously something else ...> > >
  Jim,> > I suggested no such thing.  What I did suggest is
  that no one has > POSTED the AFL for anything with consistant results
  over a long > period of time or a lot of trades.  I'm sure you all
  have systems > that work to some degree or another whether they be to
  trade futures, > options, stocks, mutual funds or tulips, but the
  reality is none of > you are posting the code for those here, are you
  ?  Or have I missed > something ?  When I have questioned
  some about the systems that have > been posted because they showed
  trades over a very short period of > time or very few number of trades,
  I get no responses.> > Fred> > --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jnk1997 <jnk1997@xxxx>" >
  <jnk1997@xxxx> wrote:> > Yesterday I tried to suggest exactly
  what you stated.> > > > Fred suggests that his system (AFL
  unknown to this board) is the > only > > one that has
  produced constant results over the past 4 years. He > has > >
  suggested that the systems actually posted and worked on here fail
  > > during different periods.> > > > He doesn't
  want to post his system, yet he doesn't trade it.> > > > I
  also give Fred an "Attaboy" for the impressive results.> > >
  > However, I would like to suggest that either Fred post the system
  > for > > detailed discussion or lets move on to another
  subject.> > > > Others here are willing to share their
  knowledge, and that is very > > much appreciated.> >
  > > Thanks> > Jim> > > > >
  > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor      >
  > ADVERTISEMENT>  > <<A
  href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243376.2803712.4220031.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1705>
  632198:HM/A=1414910/R=0/*<A
  href="">http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritrade.>
  yahoo/B1054521.29;sz=300x250;adc=zhs;ord=1044460570892974?>
        >  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243376.2803712.4220031.1927555/D=egrou>
  pmail/S=:HM/A=1414910/rand=787018541>
  amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > (Web page: <A