  >From:
  dingo
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 7:49
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Sector Rotation
  - Programming Languages

  For
  all that you mentioned, Imho, C++ is the way you want to head. BUT you'll find
  that you're spending all of your time programming (with the list you have) and
  none trading.  Trust me, I know..  It might be more profitable if
  you let TJ do the programming and you learn more about the tools that are
  already available.  I need to heed my own advice...
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>d

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ara Kaloustian
    [mailto:ara1@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 1:10
    PMTo: AmiBroker - BBSubject: [amibroker] Sector
    Rotation - Programming Languages
    I am progressing OK with Sector Rotation, but
    find VBS rather cumbersome in handling data files ... making the code
    unwieldy and quite slow....

    Am considering "graduating" to a general
    purpose language for the data processing parts ... may still need VBS
    to interface with AB, but that is OK.

    Request some advise on alternatives ...
    C++ / Microsoft / Borland.... Visual Basic.... commentary of packages you
    may have appreciated... interested in info for tools availables with
    packages... etc

    I am interested in doing some DLL development
    and perhaps report generator .... but have no desire to do programming
    professionally.

    I have some background in programming ...
    was quite proficient in Turbo Pascal ... 10 yrs ago .... limited C++
    exposure...

    Appreciate any suggestions

    AraPost
    <A