Re: [amibroker] Re: linear regression

Excuse me but this is elementary school math.

y = a + b * x

a is a intercept (in AFL LinRegIntercept)
b is a slope (in AFL LinRegSlope)

The AFL formula:

x = Cum(1);
lastx = LastValue( x );

Daysback = 10;

aa = LastValue( LinRegIntercept( Close, Daysback) );
bb = LastValue( LinRegSlope( Close, Daysback ) );

y = aa + bb * ( x - (Lastx - DaysBack) );

Plot( Close, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );
Plot( y, "LinReg", colorRed );

If you want only the last bar display you can use:

x = Cum(1);
lastx = LastValue( x );

Daysback = 10;

aa = LastValue( LinRegIntercept( Close, Daysback) );
bb = LastValue( LinRegSlope( Close, Daysback ) );

y = Aa + bb * ( x - (Lastx - DaysBack) );

Plot( Close, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );
Plot( IIf( x >= (lastx - Daysback), y, -1e10 ), "LinReg", colorRed );

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com