RE: [amibroker] stops using end-of-day data

<SPAN
class=828145303-08102002>Harold,
<SPAN
class=828145303-08102002>
if
your High traded through the BBand does it not follow that Price (interday)also
traded through? So....
<SPAN
class=828145303-08102002>
<SPAN
class=828145303-08102002> Buy=high>Avg_top_band;    would
get you the signal. If you are asking "can I buy on the tick that touched the
BBand using EOD data?" then the answer would probably be no as EOD data only has
O/H/L/C fields to draw from.

Jayson

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Harold Harper
[mailto:harold@xxxx]Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 11:34
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] stops
using end-of-day dataI'm using end-of-day data but
would like to use buy and sell stops. Is it possible?If my buystop
is, for example, when price (not necessarily the open, close, high or low)
penetrates a 5 day ema of a top bollinger band, can I somehow put in a
buystop so that when the price, intraday or otherwise, touches that level, a
buy order is executed at that price? I can easily put in a buystop where
close is greater than the 5 day ema of a top bollinger band:bb_top =
BBandTop(Close,20,2);avg_top_band = EMA(bb_top,5);buy =
Close>Avg_top_band;But there's no 'price' variable such that I could
do the following:bb_top = BBandTop(Close,20,2);avg_top_band =
ref((EMA(bb_top,5)),-1);buy = Price>avg_top_band;//trying to buy if
today's price at anytime penetrates the 5 day ema of the bb_top from
yesterday; executed price should be the price today at
penetration;What am I missing? I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm at a
loss.Thanks.Harold
Harperharold@xxxxPost