RE: [amibroker]Gann Fan Interesting side effect

<SPAN
class=058154804-05102002>Grant,
<SPAN
class=058154804-05102002>
Got
it. This sounds similar to Robert Miners "Dynamic Trading" technique.It seems
like the Fib Time study could be adapted to have 2 handles, one at the start of
a move and one at the end. The days (bars) it takes to get from point A to point
B could then be calculated out in fib increments. It is a useful study available
in DT software and I think something similar in AGET. Just as price seems to
find support at given fib levels, Time can as well.......

Jayson

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: grant
[mailto:gkwall@xxxx]Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 8:39
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[amibroker]Gann Fan Interesting side effectOk, I'll try to
explain myself better, here's what could be done. The swing trade. A to
B should be a retracment level .50, .618 ect. before looking for C, wait for
a tick above C then place order, all things being equal, CD should be same
move as AB. But this only deals in price soooo  if we can use timeas
well it might cull some bad trades. Using time extensions from X toA
(or A to X to get mirror) we look for AB to be .50, .618 ect of XA and
hopfully BC will be a lidgit number too. I think this is something that
people like Bryce Gillmore looks for.

Murmuring Grant
Jayson wrote:
<FONT
color=#0000ff>Grant,It
seems you can actually enter .618 but the display shows only the first digit.
I am not sure how to test this but it seems the calculation "May" be doing
what you want.<SPAN
class=957112114-04102002>Now to under stand the concept.... Is the goalhere
to find price approaching a line in gann fan line "A" at or near the the end
points of the mirror gann fan? <FONT
face="Palace Script MT"><FONT
size=+3>Jayson
<FONT
size=-1>-----Original Message----- <FONT
size=-1>From: grant [<A
href="">mailto:gkwall@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 8:48
AM To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <FONT
size=-1>Subject: [amibroker]Gann Fan Interesting side
effectI was playing with the Gann Fan and found if you
drag from right to left
you get a mirror image, eg. drag from a low to a high a mirror
appears going down left to right but the interesting thing is if
you right click and go to properties Gann and change
the WIDTH FACTOR the mirror shortens or lengthens so I tried
.618, .5 ...ect and bugger me we have time extensions ...almost,
unfortunatly the width factor only takes one decimal point so it
only goes 0.6 instead of 0.618 but pretty close for squaringtime
and price.     AmiBroker rushes head long to
becoming all things to all people, it's almost breathe taking is
the only way to discribe it, thanks T.J.

Grant
P.S The Parrallel Lines are brillant, if an angle repeats ounce in
a         chart it repeats
time after time after time.Great stuff.
(Web page: <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)