Re: Indicator for fractal

LOOK IN http://amibroker.com/library/list.php
AT william alligator

stephane

> I am trying to color the price bar base on the fractal pattern:
>
> - the current bar is buy fractal if you can count at least 2 bars
with lower high than current bar's high before encountering a bar
with higher high BOTH backward and forward. Hence it takes at least
5 bars with the 3rd bar having the highest high to form a buy fractal.

> - the current bar is sell fractal if you can count at least 2 bars
with higher low than current bar's low before encountering a bar with
lower low BOTH backward and forward

> Any idea how this can be done with AFL?
>
> I am currently using vbscript that scan backward and forward for
every bar to count. This works perfectly for EOD data until I try it
on realtime, it is very slow as every price tick redraws the
indicator and the vbscript is run for entire price array.

> Any idea how to calculate only the last value of the array keeping
the same array values for the rest since only the current bar is
changing?