Re: countback line

Hi, David,

these mails about CBL give me the idea to add a functionnality to
the cbl.dll
you can always get the default value of 2 countback lines as Guppy
with
Plot(scCBLShort(),"cbl",7,1);
Plot(scCBLLong(),"cbl",8,1);

but you can jump to 3 or n countback line with
Plot(scCBLShort(3),"cbl",7,1);
Plot(scCBLLong(3),"cbl",8,1);

stephane

of course the CBL short is always initialized to High[i-2]
if High[i-2]>High[i-1]) && (High[i-1]>High[i]) )

and vice versa for CBL long
to Low[i-2]
if (Low[i-2]<Low[i-1]) && (Low[i-1]<Low[i]) )

> [...]
> stockcentral forum in au
>
> I can only comment the I fine the CBL.dll to work fine as dsecribe
> by Darryl Guppy.
>
> The ms formula is just someone interpritation of the CBL and will
> vary depending on the periods defined in the look back.
>
> Darryl has a version on Market analysis Guppy essential that has
the
> CBL line in it , which was over seen by him , i beleive theres a
> demo version if you wish to check it out compared to the plugin ..
>
> But i find the cbl.dll works great and would once again like to
that
> Guy's like stephane who spend time writting the for the AB users
>
> Regards David
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Stephane Carrasset" <nenapacwanfr@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > just added the period
> >
> > Plot(msCBLShort(5),"cbl",colorRed,1);
> >
> > steph
> > > hello,
> > > the MS CBL that suits the Ms code looks like this one below( I
> > have
> > > not added the OR conditions, it seems correct
> > > you'll find it only for short side,
> > > in the trailing stop dll
> > >
> > > with the name Plot(msCBLShort(),"cbl",colorRed,1);
> > >
> > > steph
> > >

> > > for(int i=0; i < 5; i++)
> > > {
> > > Cbl.array[i]=EMPTY_VAL;
> > > }
> > >
> > > for( i=5; i < nSize; i++)
> > > {
> > > loday=Low[i];
> > > for(int j=1;j<5;j++)
> > > {
> > > if(Low[i-j]<loday)
> > > loday=Low[i-j];
> > > }
> > > if(Low[i] > loday)
> > > {
> > > Cbl.array[i]=Cbl.array[i-1];
> > > }
> > > else
> > > {
> > > if( High[i-2]>High[i-1] && High[i-2]>High[i]
> > > && High[i-1]>High[i] )
> > > Cbl.array[i]=High[i-2];
> > > else if ( High[i-3]>High[i-2] && High[i-3]
> > > Cbl.array[i]=High[i-3];
> > > else if (High[i-4]>High[i-3] && High[i-4]
> > > && High[i-4]
> > > Cbl.array[i]=High[i-4];
> > > else if (High[i-5]>High[i-4] && High[i-5]
> > > && High[i-5]
> > > Cbl.array[i]=High[i-5];
> > > else
> > > Cbl.array[i]=Cbl.array[i-1];
> > >
> > > }
> > > }
> > >

> > > return Cbl;
> > > }
> > > searching. I've found the Metastock CBL formula, yesterday,
just
> > by
> > > Google, at

> > > 20formula%206.htm#Countback%20line%20for%20Metastock

> Metastock.
> > > Perhaps, the original could be found in the Guppy's
book "Share
> > > Trading: An Approach to Buying and Selling". They say, also,
the
> > > Metastock solution maybe isn't the best solution, but it's a
> > working
> > > solution.

> > described
> > > exactly in the same way as Stephan in his dll's help file.
This
> > > method seems quite different from the Metastock one.
> > > enough and there is also a chart.

Google
> > and
> > > in 3 top results I found

> formula.

unreadable
> > and
> > > if you want me to write
> fact
> > > do.
with
> > PREV.

forgotten
> > > what Tomasz said about PREV and AMA. They are not identical.
AMA
> > is
> > > an adaptive moving average, PREV works with other functions
> > allowing
> > > them to refer to themselves.
> inessential
> > > any function like PREV, but remains an adaptive moving
average,
> > > that's all. Metastock's CBL don't uses any average, it only
> refers
> > > to hard values, and PREV have to do the same.

equivalent
> > > PREV. I tried to use a VB Script, but I'm not able enough. Do
> you
> > > know if there is, somewhere on the WEB, the original Guppy's
> > formula?

rather
> > > different and I'd

the