RE: [amibroker] short cut keys

<SPAN
class=230465812-28092002>Tomasz:
<SPAN
class=230465812-28092002>
Thanksfor the
clarification of my syntax error with the way the include statement was
written.
<SPAN
class=230465812-28092002>
You could have
saved the example, because it looks like what I wrote in my message, besides the
incorrect syntax of the include statement, was correct on how it works--when the
include command is written correctly.  But your additional example is
helpful to confirm my thinking about *how* it works was correct, even if my
writing the statement was wrong.
<SPAN
class=230465812-28092002>
I missed the part
in the help file about using all lower case. It actually never mentions this
in the help file, but it is unnecessary to mention it since the parser
converts upper or mixed case to lower case automatically, so the only important
part is the "" quotes, and the reverse slashes.
<SPAN
class=230465812-28092002>
Ken

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko
[mailto:amibroker@xxxx]Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 8:20
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
short cut keys
Ken,

1.
Of course it will not work.
You HAVE TO enclose path in DOUBLE QUOTES !

#include "C:\Program
Files\Amibroker\Common.AFL"

Excerpt from the Read
Me:

implemented a *very* basic pre-processor with single command #include that
allows to include external AFL files into your formula. Syntax:<FONT
size=5>#include "path\to my file\name path.afl"Note 1:
include statement need SINGLE backslashes in the path (this is quite the
opposite to normal AFL stingparsing)
And it has to be written
#include

exactly like this - lowercase.

Non upper case, no #InCluDe .
<FONT
size=2>

2. As it name says
#include is for including other file into formula being
currently parsed.

Let's say the file1.afl looks like this:

//////////// BEGIN
////////////////////////////////

C1 = Ref( C, -1 );
C2 = Ref( C, -2 );
C3 = Ref( C, -3 );
C4 = Ref( C, -4 );C5 = Ref( C, -5 );
C6 = Ref( C, -6 );
///////// END ///////////////////////////////

Now main formula looks like this:

#include "path to\file1.afl"

Plot( ( C1 + C2 + C3 + C4 )/4, "Avg", colorRed );

<FONT face="Arial CE"
size=2>==================================
When AmiBroker parses main formula it sees include statement
and
in the place where include is used it "pastes" the contents of
file1.afl and
processes the result (the formula after pre-processing stage :

this is how AFL engine sees it ):

//////////// BEGIN
////////////////////////////////

C1 = Ref( C, -1 );
C2 = Ref( C, -2 );
C3 = Ref( C, -3 );
C4 = Ref( C, -4 );C5 = Ref( C, -5 );
C6 = Ref( C, -6 );

Plot( ( C1 + C2 + C3 + C4 )/4, "Avg", colorRed
);

Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE