From: nkis22 [mailto:nkishor@x...]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 10:13 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Gartley and Automatic Detection

Hello,
Those lines are done by hand (IMO).
I get my Gartley and Butterflys looking thru the charts.
I posted a few last week and boy they were dead on e.g
MVSN.

I will be happy to post my finds for this group as
a payback for all things I learn from here. We might want to
set up another place where we could all post our finds of
reliable patterns, like Gartleys, triangles etc.

Here is one just ripe. VRSN on NAZ. Take a look, starting
August 13. I don't know how to add a figure here. I waited
today for a reversal signal on VRSN today, didn't get one, may be
Monday/Tuesday.

If TJ can give us a zigzag draw that showed % retracement,
we will do very well in getting out Gartleys.

nand

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> DELETE if you have had enough of Gartleys.
>
> All those interested in harmonic/Gartley type patterns:
>
> As mentioned in a previous post, I contacted the site and book
author, Scott
> Carney, and he confirms that the software that automatically
screens and
> detects harmonic patterns in setup configuration is going to launch
Jan 1.
> He provided me temporary access to his members-only site, and the
attached
> are some screen captures of charts in "pending" completion mode of
harmonic
> patterns, and therefore ready for a trade entry.
>
> I realize that we do not want to get into multiple endorsements of
other
> sites. OTOH, we as a group have been committed to helping each
other, and
> someone mentioned that he knew of no software that could detect
Gartleys
> (harmonic pattern) automatically, and this is the information to
say that
> such a program exists and will be available.
>
> Whether any of this is of use with AB is a question, and probably
not
> (although there are so many inventive people on this list I would
not be
> surprised). In any case, I hope this info is of interest to at
least
> several folks. My previous message with the link is what you should
pursue
> if you wanted to dig into this further. I do not think we should
take any
> more public time on our list; if you want to discuss more, please
write to
> me privately.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken
>
> PS: A1.gif, A3.gif, and A4.gif are shots of the program. A2.gif is
a lead-in
> screen of advice about the pattern by the author. I really think
the thick
> lines have been added by hand, but the overall program is somewhat
as I
> remember it, and I believe it captured these charts automatically.
I do not
> believe the thick lines are put there by the program, or perhaps
the author
> has just highlighted over them to make them more readable.
>
> In any case....that's all folks.

Check group FAQ at: