RE: [amibroker] (beginner) setting up (ASX)

Hello
Ash
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Ascii
is not necessarily the way to go. Going with Ascii will involve an additionstep
everynight, with the Metastock plugin you will eliminate this step. According to
the articles on the Boudhi website you can put up to 2000 tickers in one folder
which is more than enough for all the Australian equities, then you can make
other folder for options etc. According to this article your Boudhi programwill
create an MS database so this will be the most efficient way to go. <A
href="">http://www.justdata.com.au/TG_BFCD.htm#MS
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
setup is a one off occurance then all you will have to do is run your Boudhi
program each night to update your Metastock database from which Amibroker will
read the data directly.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Regards,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>William<FONT
face=Tahoma>
<SPAN
class=562111403-29072002> -----Original Message-----From:
grant wallace [mailto:gkwall@xxxx]Sent: Sunday 28 July 2002
4:22 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[amibroker] (beginner) setting up (ASX)
Ash,
Ascii is the way to go more versitile for if you get another program you only
need one download directory. The options you'll have to put in Amibroker
yourself , maybe into a watchlist then name it option or something. David
Holzgrefe  is our man for all things ASX very smart and clever maybe
he can help you better.

Grant
ashley simmonds wrote:

hi, i'm sure this has been covered before,
i'm fairly new to it all though and just getting my head around
everything.  i've chosen AmiBroker as my tool to learn charting (wisely
i hope), i've got my 10 year historical data and trialling Bodhi for current
data. so i'm in the
process of setting up my database and would appreciate any existing
tutorials/help files that may be associated.  and i am also interested
in setting it up for options also, however i can't find a great deal ofhelp
regarding options and AmiBroker. <FONT
size=-1>for those who use Bodhi, is this a good service which slots the data
in easily with AmiBroker?  i haven't played with it much as yet, but
i've tried downloading in MetaStock and Ascii format.  Ascii seemsthe
way to go because it's all dumped in one directory whereas with metastock i
have to go through and import each letter.  however the options data is
dumped in there as well and i don't quite get the naming
convention. so ifthere's
pre-existing answers to these questions please point me thataway. if
there's pitfalls along the way that you can see i'm going to blindly stumble
upon then feel free to illuminate me. <FONT
face=Arial>thanks <FONT
size=-1>ash
href="">Yahoo! Terms of
Service.