Re: [amibroker] Re: No more intraday quotes from AQ

Hello,

> Tomasz,
>
> I studied the material.
> Before I rush to subscribe to/buy QCh/QCollector, a few more
> questions to make sure I got it right:
I thought that you are already QCharts subscriber.
If not - there is a better and cheaper solution - announced today - a new eSignal Basic package at $69/month
(or $49/month if paid yearly) - this is cheaper than QCharts Basic subscription.
For the details http://www.amibroker.com/esignal.html

Also then you don't need to purchase QCollector at all.
Everything you need is just AmiBroker and subscription mentioned above.

It gives you much better performance and features then the solution
mentioned previously.

As to your questions:

> 1. I suppose I do NOT need the MetaStock program itself to use
> QCollector with AB's MSt plugin?
No you don't need metastock at all.

> 2. Without trying to get too technical: How does AB know what update
> interval I want? Does it depend on the chart settings in popup menu?
> (I hope and suppose not) Or does it somehow respond to every change
> made in the MSt folder? Or is there still some manual action
> required?
A new MS plugin announced on this mailing list refreshes your charts
automatically every 15 seconds.
The bar-interval is set in QCollector (1-minute minimum)

> 3. Does it work for streaming, tick by tick, too?
NO.
Streaming tick by tick charts are supported ONLY using eSignal feed (see above)

> 4. I suppose continouos update does not work with ASCII format (only
> importer, no plugin).
That's true.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko