Re: StoRSI: why not test prior to 2000?

I have been away for a couple days and have come back to a multitude
of posts testing a stochRSI formula on the QQQ starting January
2000. Is there some reason for selecting that date for a start? I
really hope there is because the formula tests very well after Jan
1/2000 and EQUALLY POORLY before.

By applying the formula to the ^NDX (which the QQQ is designed to
track) allows one to test back 15+ years. Over that entire period,
the formula has only "worked" for the past two years.

So, does any one know if there is a rational for restricting testing
to 2000-2002?