RE: [amibroker] StoRSI

Hi WJ,

>From all of my reading on this list it seems that every time on ventures
off and starts optimizing every parameter in the foundation of a formula
that the dreadful "over optimization" term starts rearing its ugly head.
\

I'm far from an expert and am still a little confilicted on it. I can
understand the desire to have a "robust" solution for a basket of stocks
but I can't help but think that if you want to develop a tailored
solution for a very high profile vehicle like qqq it should be more than
ok.

dingo

-----Original Message-----
From: willem1940 [mailto:w.j.a.struyck@x...]
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 12:25 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] StoRSI

Herman, Dingo,

Here my penny contribution to trying something new. I have modified
the StoRSI so you can optimize "period" and "delta". Using this
modified AFL I have experimented with the ADX addition but the
results in general beco0me worse except for some volatile stocks.
Curious what you think.
Period = Optimize("Period", 6,2,40,2);
delta=Optimize("Delta",2,2,20,1);

Buy = Cross(delta, EMA((RSI(period)-LLV(RSI(period),period))/ (HHV(RSI
(period),period)- (LLV(RSI(period),period))),3)*100) ;
Sell = Cross(EMA((RSI(period)-LLV(RSI(period),period))/ (HHV(RSI
(period),period)- (LLV(RSI(period),period))),3)*100, 100-delta);

Short = Sell;
Cover = Buy;

Buy = ExRem( Buy, Sell );
Sell = ExRem( Sell, Buy );