Re: [amibroker] Re: Point & Figure Chart in AFL

I am just isolating variables.  If we
have the same program and version (4.06.1 Jun 19 build), the same indicatorcode
(this I confirmed) and same data we should get the same result.  (I
continue to believe in deterministic computing - probably naive in light of
Microsoft!).  The questionable variable, and a big one, is the data source
- I use qp2.  Perhaps someone using yahoo could compare to your
results?

It does appear that the "box size", the significant
change that defines an X or O in my understanding, should be normalized to the
price of the instrument to account for the difference in WCOME pricingvs.
DJIA, for example.  I am referring to the code fragment:

// Calculate PF Chart Box size and minimum Reverse
values// Box =
((tot[i]/(i+1))^.5)/7.3374;

<FONT face=Arial color=#000000
size=2>Cheers,