Help Notes for Alerts

I do not think I should have to ask this:

where are the files stored that come with new downloads and which serve as
the help file for the new features. (I do not save the emails that announce
the new files -- but I guess I should).

I specifically want to understand the Alert feature (which I have not wanted
to use until now), but can not find the file that accompanies the download.
I can not even find the latest download link for Beta 4.06.1.

It seems like these should be easily accessible in the members section, but
not so.....

Can someone hold my hand right to the help files (and previous ones).

Thanks,

Ken