Re: Alert / Scan every XX minutes

It will be very nice to have the ability
to put in price alerts in the quote window.
A pop-up maybe when the price is hit.

looking forward to it.

nand

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Rick,
>
> Yes but note that scans in AA window can be run only every 1
minute, so in reality alert may be delayed upto 1 minute.
> I am currently working on alerts connected to Real Time Quote
window that will react quicker because
> scans will be triggered by price action.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

as there is a cross caused by the lastest tick, the alert should
fire, even if the chart is 5 minute bars. It will have nothing to do
with the Settings, Delays or Settings, Open, Close, Average etc. Is
this right?

> Thanks,
>
> Rick

time (one scan) only ONE type of alert is generated per symbol.

> The problem is that in your formula cover = buy so when buy
alert appears you receive also cover alert.

> So you should use:
>
> AlertIf( Buy, "", "Buy / Cover Stock", 1 , 1 + 2 + 4 + 8);
> AlertIf( Sell, "", "Sell / Short Stock", 2, 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 );
>
> to avoid repeated signals.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Open.

> I set SCAN every 1 minutes.
>
> Set #1:
> AlertIf( Buy, "", "Buy Stock", 1 , 1 + 2 + 4 + 8);
> AlertIf( Sell, "", "Sell Stock", 2, 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 );
> AlertIf( Short, "", "Short Stock", 3, 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 );
> AlertIf( Cover, "", "Cover Stock", 4, 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 );
>
> Set #2:
> AlertIf( Cross(rs, BuyLine), "", "RS Buy", 10, 1 + 2 + 4 +
8 );
> AlertIf( Cross( SellLine, rs), "", "RS Sell", 10, 1 + 2 + 4 +
8 );
> AlertIf( Cross( SellLine, rs), "", "RS Short", 10, 1 + 2 + 4
+ 8 );
> AlertIf( Cross(rs, BuyLine), "", "RS Cover", 10, 1 + 2 + 4 +
8 );

> Questions:
> 1.. Re: Set #1 should only give an alert on the Open of a
15 minute bar, per my Settings, correct?
> 2.. Re: Set #2 this should give an alert based on tick
data. Whenever there is a cross, there should be an alert regardless
of bar status. Correct?
> 3.. Despite using 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 or blank (default) in the
fifth parameter, I am still getting repeated alerts for same time and
signal. Why?
> As you can see in the screen shot below, IDPH is giving
repeated alerts.

> Thanks,
> Rick

Service.