Re: AFL Help

brian,
i had plotted different variables in Nenapacwanfr's formula to see
if it was doing as the rules you posted earlier, and was trying to
figure out why it wasnt the same as the rules you posted.
now with the more detailed explanation you posted i will need to
check it again.
but i will let Nenapacwanfr explain as i will not get time till
later tonight to check it and try to figure out the more detailed
explanation.
looks like there are 3 different buy conditions , and they need a
sell condition to find a certain value from sell to the buy cond,
but dont know if it is an actual sell rule as from your explanation i
thought the sell condition was similar to a buy cond but vice versa.

cheers: john.

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "brian_35m" <cadvantag@xxxx> wrote:
> John or Nenapacwanfr,
>
> How do I use this code? I tried it in indicator builder and auto
> analyzer- but the results dont look like what i was expecting.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Brian
>

> na1x" <nirvanaiam@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > brian it seems like nenapacwanfr has posted the formula.
> >
> > Thanks for a more detailed explanation. theres more rules than
> > thought.
> >
> > I was curious about some of the lines in in nenapacwanfr's
code,
> > now i understand why.
> >

> > cheers: john.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "brian_35m" <cadvantag@xxxx> wrote:
> > > John,
> > >
> > > "so what happens if the green buy count is at 4 when a sell
> hapens
> > > and this count actually gets to 9 , is it included in the 9th
> > consec
> > > count or does the count have to start fresh from 1 to 9 after
the
> > > sell day"
> > > --The way I see the graphs (Figures 1-4) Is the when a Buy is
> > > Triggered (Red 13) that the Green Numbers are on Top Counting
the
> > > Upward Trend. The closer it gets to a Red 13 the more likely
the
> > > trend is exhausted. A Green 9 (Buy) shows the possbility of a
> small
> > > tech bounce and then the trend resumes the downtrend and a new
> set
> > of
> > > Green numbers resets.
> > >
> > > Here is from the articel:
> > > If the basic Countdown conidtions are fullfilled for bar 13 but
> the
> > > qualifying conditions are not, then the occurance of bar 13,
the
> > > final bar of Countdown, is "deferred". A "plus" sign (+) is
> placed
> > > over a sell Countdown bar or below a Buy Countdown bar to
> identify
> > > this deferred status.
> > > The Combo Countdown diffeers from the sequential Countdown in
> that
> > it
> > > has 3, rather than just 1, necessary condition. Once a Combo
Sell
> > > setup has completed, the study starts a Setup bar 1 (vs. Setup
> bar
> > 9
> > > for sequential) to determine if these 3 conditions exist.
> > > Each Combo Countdown price bar for a Sell Setup must have
> > > 1) a close > or = to the high two bars earlier
> > > 2) a high > than the previous bars high
> > > 3) a close > than the close of the previous bars close
> > > (Because Combo Countdown bar 1, by definition, has no preceding
> > > Countdown bar close, this condition is not needed for Countdown
> bar
> > > 1) These conditions are reversed for a Combo Buy Countdown.
> > > When 13 Countdown bars with these conditions have appeared, as
> > shown
> > > in figure 2, price tends to stop trending and reverse
direction.
> > The
> > > Combo indicator will, by its nature, complete a 13 Countdown at
> the
> > > highest close of a Sell COuntdown or the lowest close of a Buy
> > > Countdown.
> > > Because of its more stringent requirements, there are less
Combo
> > > trade opportunities than Sequential. However, Combo
nevertheless

<cadvantag@xxxx>