Re: AFL Help

John,

"so what happens if the green buy count is at 4 when a sell hapens
and this count actually gets to 9 , is it included in the 9th consec
count or does the count have to start fresh from 1 to 9 after the
sell day"
--The way I see the graphs (Figures 1-4) Is the when a Buy is
Triggered (Red 13) that the Green Numbers are on Top Counting the
Upward Trend. The closer it gets to a Red 13 the more likely the
trend is exhausted. A Green 9 (Buy) shows the possbility of a small
tech bounce and then the trend resumes the downtrend and a new set of
Green numbers resets.

Here is from the articel:
If the basic Countdown conidtions are fullfilled for bar 13 but the
qualifying conditions are not, then the occurance of bar 13, the
final bar of Countdown, is "deferred". A "plus" sign (+) is placed
over a sell Countdown bar or below a Buy Countdown bar to identify
this deferred status.
The Combo Countdown diffeers from the sequential Countdown in that it
has 3, rather than just 1, necessary condition. Once a Combo Sell
setup has completed, the study starts a Setup bar 1 (vs. Setup bar 9
for sequential) to determine if these 3 conditions exist.
Each Combo Countdown price bar for a Sell Setup must have
1) a close > or = to the high two bars earlier
2) a high > than the previous bars high
3) a close > than the close of the previous bars close
(Because Combo Countdown bar 1, by definition, has no preceding
Countdown bar close, this condition is not needed for Countdown bar
1) These conditions are reversed for a Combo Buy Countdown.
When 13 Countdown bars with these conditions have appeared, as shown
in figure 2, price tends to stop trending and reverse direction. The
Combo indicator will, by its nature, complete a 13 Countdown at the
highest close of a Sell COuntdown or the lowest close of a Buy
Countdown.
Because of its more stringent requirements, there are less Combo
trade opportunities than Sequential. However, Combo nevertheless adds
value by highlingthing trend exhaustion zones, whether independently
or in conjunction with sequential.

John- Does that help?

Cheers,
Brian
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "nirvana1x" <nirvanaiam@xxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> sell day .
>
> cheers: john.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "brian_35m" <cadvantag@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > "so basically ( for the buy setup)if the green consecutive count
of
> > downtrend ==9 then for the green count to be valid it needs to
have
> > the low of bars 8 or 9 to be below the low of bars 6 and 7 ."
> > --This is True
> >
> > "so if the above is true the red count starts when the close of
> > current bar is <= to the low of the 2 previous bars (not
> consecutive)"
> > --This is True
> >
> > "....the green buy count does not start until a sell. so if
another
> > buy setup happens does it only start
> > count after the actual sell."
> > --This is Not True: a Buy Set up Starts over or resets- (Figure 1
> > shows a reset of Green Buy Numbers- with the Red Numbers
Beginning
> on
> > the first Green 9 and going past the second set of Green 1-9
> numbers)
> >
> > "Question??? can it include days that are true before the sell
e.g.
> > (what if the green count of the downtrend was 4 at the sell). can
> it
> > include this in the count or does it have to start fresh after
the
> > sell.( all of the above is only for the buy setup) it doesnt
> include
> > the count for the sell."
> > --John this question I didnt follow- Did I answer it on the above
> > answer or can you ask it in another way.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brian
> > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "nirvana1x" <nirvanaiam@xxxx> wrote:
> > > brian,
> > > so basically ( for the buy setup)if the green consecutive count
> of
> > > downtrend ==9 then for the green count to be valid it needs
> > have
> > > the low of bars 8 or 9 to be below the low of bars 6 and 7 .
> > >
> > > so if the above is true the red count starts when the close
of
> > > current bar is <= to the low of the 2 previous bars (not
> > consecutive)
> > > and when the red count starts the green buy count does not
start
> > > until a sell. so if another buy setup happens does it only
start
> > > count after the actual sell .
> > >
> > > Question??? can it include days that are true before the sell
> e.g.
> > > (what if the green count of the downtrend was 4 at the sell).
can
> > it
> > > include this in the count or does it have to start fresh after
> the
> > > sell.( all of the above is only for the buy setup) it doesnt

for