Fw: Tomasz - Psuedo Code for RWI - Random Walk Index (and or RWIhi/lo etc.)

Richard
----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Alford
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 8:42 AM
Subject: Tomasz - Psuedo Code for RWI - Random Walk Index (and or RWIhi/lo etc.)

Thanks Stephane, I think the concept is becoming clear, it is the implementation that is confusing me at the present. The simplest description I have located is

ATR = Average Trading Range
RWI high = (HI - LO[n]) / ATR * n sqrt(n)
RWI low = (HI[n] - LO) / ATR * n sqrt(n)

There are several implementation choices - which ATR do you use, today's, last n days, max of last n days, etc. It appears that the common MetaStock may use n*max(TR(n)), n = 1

however, the AB code has two parameters,
SYNTAX rwi( minperiods, maxperiods )
RETURNS ARRAY
FUNCTION Calculates the Random Walk Index indicator as a difference between Random Walk Index from Highs (RWIHI() function) and Random Walk Index from Lows (RWILO() function.
EXAMPLE rwi( 9, 40 );

and I am not certain what the min/max periods refer to. They may be the range over which the statistics are generated, although that still hold some ambiguity in my mind?

May have to wait for clarification from TJ. I have attached some test AFL indicator code for those interested.

Thanks,

Richard