Re: Real Time Data - IntraDay Data Question...

Hello,

AmiBroker handles such inactivity periods quite simple.
Exactly like in daily chart a bank holiday does not appear at all
(there is no data bar for such day), for 1-minute chart if there is
no activity during whole minute the bar does not appear at all.
So your charts are not corrupted or affected in anyway. There are no
0,0,0,0 quotes like in QCharts.
There is also no empty space. This bar just does not exist because
there were NO trade during given minute.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Rick Parsons" <RickParsons@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm just speculating here. But all minute bars are made up of tick
data, compressed to the time period you select. There are cases
where in a slow market a stock may not have any activity at all
during a particular time frame, say 1 minute. So I would imagine
there would be no ticks to make up a bar. In this case, there should
be an empty space between bars which represents no activity.

> If your data came in 1 minute bars as opposed to tick data, then I
would imagine the chart is going to zoom down to zero when it hits
that data.

> Good question about how Amibroker handles this.
>
> Rick

V...thus
> distorting all indicator calculations...so How can we filter
these
> records from an importing data point of view and how does AB
treat
> real time 1min (for example) bars if there aren't any trades...
>
> Thanks
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.