Re: [amibroker] OnTrack System Suite 4

JT,

Do you have the CD or did you download from Ontrack.com
?
Have you been able to install the program?

When I did the install from CD everything went as
expected. To complete the install Systemsuite will say that it need to
shutdown and restart the computer to complete the install. After it does that it
asks if you want it to go online and look for an update. Do the update. At some
time you will also be given a chance to make a rescue disk, actually it will
take about five  3 1/2 floppies.

On  the opening screen go to top left of the page
and click on settings. You will then get another page with all the different
functions listed. Go through each one . Set Crashproof, Intelli-cluster and
anti-virus to load at start up and anything else that you are told that youcan
set to load at startup.

The first couple of times you use some features you
will notice that it takes a long time to do the operation. Jetdefrag, is slow
the first couple of times you run it. With Intelli-cluster enabled SystemSuite
will learn what programs you use the most and when you do a defrag these
programs will be located in the fast access area of your harddrive.

The firewall, NetDefense takes a long time to load at
startup. The first couple of times you use it you will get a popup each time a
program wants to connect to your network. I didn't know what to allow and what
to block, so I just said no and did not check the remember my answer
checkbox. I found a few files that had been using up resources and slowing my
computer that I had picked up from some programs like Gator. Tsadbot was one
file and CD_load.exe was another. After about a week I had things running pretty
good. Its still not perfect, but I'm nearly there. Ctrl-Alt-Del will also show
what is running on your machine. When I selected Rundll32 , lexapps and several
other files and selected end task that took them out of the running for the
remainder of the computer session. I don't know which ones I will delete, but My
computer never ran better, not even when it was new.

I don't know how SystemSuite compares with Norton
Systemworks, except that System suite has a firewall program and the antivirus
updates are free. I think it also uses less harddrive space and system
resources.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions send
them to me and I will try to help if I can. Remember Ontrack also has a support
area on their website. They responded within a day when I used them. Good
luck.

Greg

<BLOCKQUOTE