From: nenapacwanfr [mailto:nenapacwanfr@x...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 2:51 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] scCEquityLong and] Re: Maximum Profit in Trades
Closed at a Loss

ken,

> In older messages the equity function is stated as
> Eq=scEquityLong(Buy,Sell,BuyPrice,SellPrice,cost);
>
> In this message it is stated as:
> scCEquityLong(Buy,Sell,C,C,0);

I have added a simple and compound equities for Long Short and
reversal
C mean compound,
S that means simple

example
scCEquityLong(Buy,Sell,C,C,00);
Plot(cEquity,"",8,1);

scCEquityShort(Buy,Sell,C,C,00);
Plot(cEquity,"",7,1);

scCEquity(Buy,Sell,C,C,00);
Plot(cEquity,"",9,1);

> I assume it was just faster to type C instead of BuyPrice, ditto
SellPrice
> and cost=0.

yes

> Other terms in the AFL code are not defined and are confusing but
I assume
> they are in the dll code and are not to be worried about....(I
worry a

yes they are called from inside the dll

> little because I want to trade real money using these tools).
I have not found anything good for short term trading AgrgggHH!!!
> What is "trade"?

is the trade period from the buy to the sell

> What is Ep? -- Entry Price I assume.

yes

> What is WgtAE weighted with? Does it matter to know this?

it a stuff for me

> What is "Ib" and "Lb"?? again, I probably don't want to know.

they mean Ib first bar and Lb Last bar but they can be coded in Afl
with cum function

> Some say that you need to know every tiny detail of code that you
use to
> trade;

better I think