scCEquityLong and] Re: Maximum Profit in Trades Closed at a Loss

Stephane:

Thanks, I have quite a reference library of your old messages that help..I
should refer to them before asking questions.

Here is a question:

In older messages the equity function is stated as
Eq=scEquityLong(Buy,Sell,BuyPrice,SellPrice,cost);

In this message it is stated as:
scCEquityLong(Buy,Sell,C,C,0);

I assume it was just faster to type C instead of BuyPrice, ditto SellPrice
and cost=0.

The function in the latest update appears to have a typo--

scCEquityLong instead of the previous scEquityLong. No big deal but folks
may stumble over this if they refer to an old message or an old code that
does not have the new, extra "C".

Other terms in the AFL code are not defined and are confusing but I assume
they are in the dll code and are not to be worried about....(I worry a
little because I want to trade real money using these tools).

What is "trade"?
What is Ep? -- Entry Price I assume.
What is WgtAE weighted with? Does it matter to know this?
What is "Ib" and "Lb"?? again, I probably don't want to know.

Some say that you need to know every tiny detail of code that you use to
trade; others say, it is not necessary to know the details, only understand
the output effects of the code.

Thanks as usual for good time saving creations that help us all use AB.

Ken