Re: [amibroker] Trends, random series

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Trends, random series
  • From: "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx>
  • Date: 20 Jun 2002 16:07:49 -0000

Bill, Al, Ken & all,

One of my "golden rules":  seek and trade only
issues that have patterns of "non-random" accumulation and distribution.
Many issues spew "random" numbers, month after month, year after year, and
traders insist on trying to unlock these difficult puzzles (created bythe
"random walk" these issues march to).

Doesn't it make more sense to concentrate on issues
that have demonstrated a "pattern" of supply and demand?  The force
behind  price movement, for all  issues, can be debated (market maker
influence, commercial interest, fund participation, etc.).  If trader's
allocate all of their time trying to apply approaches to "random numbers"...I
believe they might be disappointed.

It's my opinion (for what it's worth), themarkets
you select to trade are more important than the approach you apply.  Why
force math on issues that continually change character or exhibit a very random
pattern?

Take care,

Steve Karnish, CTACedar Creek Trading<A
href="">www.cedarcreektrading.com1-877-668-1125