RE: [amibroker] Customizing the AB User's Guide for all to use

First:
I agree one hundred percent that Hal's document is great (thanks
Hal!!).
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>Regarding HTML documents: don't ever code anything in
raw HTML code. I have made numerous web pages and I hardly remember
what HTML looks like. Lately I simply use MS WORD and export in HTML. For
more sophisticated work you can use FRONTPAGE but it is overkill for most of my
needs - also, it creates to many files to my liking.
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>
While
adding to Hal's document is a great idea, we of course do not know if he would
like the idea of having other people tinker with his nice product... it could
become quite messy. Many people working on a common document requires some form
of Synchronization and a Style sheet.

For
the last few months I have been using MS WORD to maintain records and it is
working out real well. I set it up with macros to apply Styles to dates and
headings. After applying Styles Word automatically creates a hypertext
Table of Contents. Just click on a line and you jump to the topic. I paste in
charts, tables, and Code segments directly in the text, and create Hypertext
links to longer files that I save separately in the same directory. I
haven't, but may so later, create an Hypertext Index similarly. It is all really
easy in Word. It is like a Hypertext diary that also serves as a backup for
important code. Already on numerous accessions have I restored program
files that I had overwritten or altered
unintentionally.
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>Because I enter so much personal stuff in my Help
system a Public Domain system would not serve all me needs. <FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>However, we could
work together, perhaps with a few more people, on a "The Best of the
Amibroker List" hypertext document in Word. We could divide the work in
time periods, each participant would gather significant posts, code,
charts, files, etc. posted between agreed upon dates. We would include
hypertext references to the authors and there websites, to email addresses,
other websites, etc. We could probably automate much of the work. There
would be no work synchronization problem. We could work at our own pace andjoin
the separate pieces together whenever we are ready. This would be a huge
document, so perhaps we should partition the project by month or year.

<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>
We
would need to consult Tomasz on this, he is the list owner and list material may
be subject to some form of copyright. Anyway, if you or anybody else is
interested we can discuss this further and make a plan.
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002> <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
Best
regards,
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>Herman.
<SPAN
class=820202100-02052002>
<BLOCKQUOTE

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
[mailto:closeks@xxxx]Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 8:09
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Customizing the AB User's Guide for all to use
Herman:  I
too am delighted with the new Help file.
<SPAN
class=320020012-01052002>
I want to do
what you have suggested, except I want to add my own help materials to the
excellent html file produced by Hal Brehe rather than to the AB help
file.  I think this would be a lot more simple, especially given Tomasz's
comments.  I have opened Hal's file (one gigantic html page) with a plain
html editor and see that it is too complicated for me and my limited raw html
coding experience.  However, with a slightly more sophisticated html
editor (one that sort of shows you what you get on the screen rather thanraw
code), then I plan to type in categories of email message help items, code
snippits, etc.  I downloaded a free html editor from CNET and will look
at it today, even though I have the expensive (and complex) DreamWeaver web
page design package from MacroMedia.

Especially
powerful and important:
<SPAN
class=320020012-01052002>
If folks (like
you and I) took a "semi-standardized" approach to this task, then eventually
you and I and others could simply download the uploaded "Personalized Help
html" pages and combine all or some with our own and have a "living and
growing" encyclopedia of AB HELP and OTHER TOPICS, all indexed by major and
minor subtopics. Keeping the format like Hal has it in his Newsletter page
would allow this to happen with a minimum or no trouble.
<SPAN
class=320020012-01052002>
<FONT
color=#0000ff size=2>What do you think of this
approach?
<FONT
color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=320020012-01052002>
Ken

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den Bergen
[mailto:psytek@xxxx]Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 12:03
PMTo: AmiBrokerSubject: [amibroker] Customizing theAB
User's Guide
Hi, I am
delighted with the expanded Help in the latest AB release, Thanks
Tomasz, it must have been a lot of work! But I would like to personalize
it by including some posted help material/files, email snippets, my own
comments on custom functions and techniques, etc.
<SPAN
class=930522311-01052002>
Is this
possible?
<SPAN
class=930522311-01052002>
Many
thanks!
<SPAN
class=930522311-01052002>Herman.Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.