From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@x...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 11:48 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Time sync "I apologize"

Dennis,

No problem, glad that you worked it out.

I was just in the middle of writing the response that everything works fine
;-)
I have just noticed some minor things:
SP file has data from Jan 3, 2000 upto Aug 15, 2001
while Adv file has data from Dec 27, 1999 upto Jan 9, 2002
and the last bars have :33 minutes (instead of :32 as remaining ones)

Due to the fact that last records of AdvDec are far beyond the last record
of SP it does not affect you but for sake of completness:

Note that Foreign function takes the most recent previous value
if it does not find exactly matching record in the "foreign" symbol.
So if you have hh:33 records in AdvDec and SP has hh:32 records
when you use Foreign("AdvDec") it will return previous hour bar value
when minutes in advdec ticker are greater than in sp ticker.

General reminder for all: please make sure also that you are selecting
intraday periodicity
in the Settings dialog if you want to run backtests/explorations on
intraday data. By default the periodicity is set to End-of-day and it may
appear that AmiBroker shows end-of-day record when testing intraday data.
So make sure you have set correct periodicity in the settings.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com